Why did we develop Holding Space for the Teen Girl?
Because in a generation fueled by social media and unrealistic Instagram images it has become glaringly apparent that there is an epidemic of worthlessness occurring; a demographic of girls who lack self-love and are growing into women who lack self-worth.
“If I asked you (a 16 year old girl), out of a dozen random girls at your high school, girls who all hang with different crowds and aren’t necessarily friends, how many of them have sent a NAKED PICTURE to a boy on snapchat, what would you say?”
“Oh, that’s easy. A dozen, for sure.“
“Six-Weeks To Self-Love”
Our 6-week program provides a safe and supportive environment for girls to first and foremost FEEL GOOD. It is from this place that we can begin to work on empowerment, confidence, positive self-talk and body image, sense of worthiness, empathy, compassion, and self-respect.
- 6-week program, held every Monday from 3:15-5 p.m.
- 45 minutes of life coaching (art projects, visualization techniques, discussion, and hands-on activities) and 60 minutes of an all levels yoga flow & guided meditation every week
- Includes a personalized “toolbox” including a yoga mat, journal, essential oil samples, and optional take-home guided meditations
- Ongoing support and contact with instructors and peers
- Amazing in-between session tools and activities to practice what we learn in class
When: Every Monday from 3:15-5 p.m., November 6th – December 11, 2017
Where: The Yoga Shala, 3013 Edgewater Dr, Orlando, FL 32804
Availability: We have 8 available spots for the November session.
If you would like to help support our cause, we are currently offering 110 scholarship spots so we can run six full programs and multiple retreats throughout the year, contact us for more information or click on the button below if you would like to become a sponsor.
Interested in bringing mindfulness practices into your place of business AND providing positive change in the life of a teenaged girl? Check out our Corporate Sponsorship package: Holding Space for the Workplace!