How to manage STRESS. This comes at a perfect time because April is stress awareness month! Here are our top tips for quickly reducing your stress levels:
- Deep breathing exercising can take the pressure of stress away fast. Sit or lie in a comfortable position, close your eyes, imagine yourself relaxing at your favorite place, then take slow deep breaths, in and out for 5 minutes. Controlling your breath is a great way to calm your nervous system and instantly relaxes your body. A relaxed body = a relaxed mind.
- Spend some time each day practicing yoga or exercising. Studies show that these coping skills can help reduce stress and anxiety, and can improve your overall mood and well-being.
- Engaging in meditation or mindful prayer can help the mind and body to relax. This helps release emotions that may be causing your body physical stress and are our favorite self-care practices. If you don’t have time for anything else, make time to meditate.
- Keeping a journal is an effective stress management tool. Writing down how you feel or what you’re grateful for can help you become more aware of the patterns in your life and can provide a quick mood boost.
- Practicing earthing or grounding by getting your bare feet in the dirt, sand, or grass can help to balance the free radicals in your body and will bring stress levels way down.